A unique online conference bringing together Academics, Researchers & Corporate leaders from India and Canada to discuss Global Challenges in Agriculture, Climate, Energy, Plant and Soil will be held during March 4-5, 2021. This 4-session event is being organized jointly with University of Alberta and is funded by the Ministry of Education, Govt of India and the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute.
This online workshop would be highly beneficial to students, researchers and alumni working in allied areas and several tutorial level talks and live demonstrations of certain experiments are also planned.
Event: Free, online; pre-registration is required for attending the conference.
Participants: Interested students, researchers and academicians from cross-disciplinary backgrounds, industry personnel; delegates of funding, regulatory and policy-making bodies etc.
To pre-register, please scan the code. Please use your institute/company email for registration.
Please register to know more about this event. Registration is free and is on a first-come-first serve basis owing to limitations on number of attendees in Zoom/MS Teams. The workshop link will be sent to only those who pre-register with their official email IDs (no gmail, yahoo, etc).
Large-scale Data Analysis and Acquisition
4th March: 8.00 AM – 10:30 AM IST
3rd March: 7:30 PM – 10.00 PM M
- Welcome Address and Introduction by Prof. Amartya Sengupta, Dept. of Physics, IIT Delhi, India
- Opening Remarks by Dr. Prachi Kaul, Director of Shastri Indo Canadian Institute, India
- Plenary Talk: Climate Change, Technology and India: An Opportunity in Calamity by Alok Talekar,Google Research India
- Talk: Multispectral Imaging for Precision Agriculture and Remote Sensing Applications by Prof. Jayshri Sabarinathan, Dept. of Elec. and Comp. Eng., Western University, Canada
- Talk: Soil carbon sequestration & mitigation of GHG emissions thru land management by Prof. Scott Chang, Dept. of Renewable Resources, University of Alberta, Canada
Basics of Plants, Soils, Energy & Climate
4th March: 8.00 PM – 10:30 PM IST
4th March: 7.30 AM – 10.00 AM MT
- Tutorial: Introduction to Phenotyping thru Stress Interactome in Arabidopsis thaliana by Prof. Yashwanti Mudgil, Dept. of Botany, Delhi University, India
- Talk: Effect of Interface Engineering – Rechargeable Thin Film Batteries by Prof. Sudeshna Chattopadhyay, Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Sciences, IIT Indore, India
- Talk Title To be Announced by Dr. Christian L. Goueguel, Logiag Inc., Canada
- Talk: Impact of Climate Variability on Crop Yields in India by Balsher Sidhu, Institute for Resources, Environment and Sustainability, University of British Columbia, Canada
Diagnostic Tools for New Age Science
5th March : 8.00 AM – 10:30 AM IST
4th March : 7:30 PM – 10 PM MT
- Talk Title To be Announced by Cory Willness, CropPro Consulting and Croptimistic Technology, Canada
- Talk: Laser Wakefield-driven X-ray Sources: Brilliant Future for Agriculture & Global Food Security by Prof. Jean-Claude Kieffer, Energy Material Telecom Research Centre, National Institute of Scientific Research, Canada
- Tutorial cum Live Demo: Agriphotonics – Spectroscopy and Imaging Techniques in Agri-food (with Live demo of Fluorescence, Raman and THz Spectroscopy and Imaging) by Prof. Pramit K Choudhury, Dept. of Chemistry, IIT Delhi & Dr. Aparajita Bandyopadhyay, Joint Advanced Technology Centre-IIT Delhi, India
Applications of New Age Science and Technology
5th March: 8.30 PM – 10:30 PM IST
5th March: 8.00 AM – 10.00 AM MT
- Talk: Applied Photonics and Spectroscopy for Sustainable Energy and Environment by Dr. Bala Pesala, Ayur.AI, India
- Talk: A Look at LIBS Technique Opportunities and Challenges related to the Agriculture Field
- by Dr. Mohamad Sabsabi, National Research Council, Canada
- Overview and Concluding Remarks by Prof. Amina Hussein, Dept. of Elec. & Comp. Eng, University of Alberta, Canada
- Brainstorming: Open discussion for strategy development on Agri-food, soil, climate and energy for all participants moderated by Amartya Sengupta, Amina Hussein and Aparajita Bandyopadhyay